Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Indie Pub Addendum

OK, I went ahead and opened an account at CreateSpace, too, figured why not. I'll play around with all of them to see which format I like best. I did that with WordPress and Blogger to decide which I preferred, and Blogger won hands down, as you can see. I also dug around a bit and got the name of the submissions editor at the U.K. publishing house that I want to approach. I'll start writing a letter to her in the next few days. I got rejected from a publisher recently, but I expected it. I met them at a conference and took a chance approaching them. They are a very small house, and they don't usually publish anything like my books, but there is a small area of overlap in subject matter, so one of the owners agreed to look at my first book. I submitted it over a year ago, and just heard back last week that they don't have a place for it, but after this long I was surprised to hear from them at all. I just looked at my manuscript file to see how much work I need to do to both submit it to the U.K. house and also to get it ready to upload if I do decide to e-pub, and I discovered I have two versions, one 151 pages long, the other 152 pages. I printed both to compare them. Both are versions of a master file, and I can't remember the difference. I need a clean copy to do some manual edits anyway, so that's one more thing crossed off the to do list.

No comments: